On the Line delivers professional counselling, mental health and wellbeing, and suicide prevention services 24/7 to communities across Australia.
About On the Line
On the Line is a not-for-profit mental health and wellbeing and suicide prevention organisation with over 60 years of experience. We offer Australians struggling with mental health issues and suicidal ideation easy access to professional counsellors on the phone or online. We deliver some of Australia’s most vital and trusted services, including MensLine Australia, Suicide Call Back Service, and SuicideLine Victoria.
Our mental health objectives
Working with our government and health partners, On the Line delivers telephone and digital mental health and wellbeing services that aim to:
- Improve the lives of Australian communities.
- Enable people to achieve positive mental health outcomes and participate in society.
- Reduce the incidence of suicide and impacts of mental illness.
- Increase access to professional mental health services for vulnerable and disadvantaged groups.
- Encourage people to proactively manage their mental health and wellbeing.
Helping people in need
On the Line specialises in supporting people along the mental health continuum: from those who are high risk and have complex mental health needs to lower intensity support and wellbeing. We work with our government and health partners to understand the needs of the community so that we can deliver services to improve mental health outcomes.
Our passionate and dedicated clinical and counselling team are available 24/7 to help Australians who are struggling with:
- Domestic, family, and sexual violence (using and experiencing)
- Family and relationship issues
- Grief and loss
- Mental health issues including anxiety and depression
- Social isolation and loneliness
- Stress-related issues
- Substance use/misuse and addiction
- Suicidal ideation.
In addition to counselling, On the Line also provides community support through intake and needs assessment, risk assessment, referral services and pathways, case coordination, forum and social media moderation, brand promotion, and community engagement.
Find out more about how we can co-design and deliver a service to meet your community’s needs – visit our Mental Health Services page to learn more about what we do or email email@example.com.
Disclaimer: The images are licensed stock photography. All photography is for illustrative purposes only and are unrelated to client feedback. Client names have been changed.
On the Line would like to acknowledge and pay respect to the past, present and future Traditional Custodians and Elders of this nation and the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices and continuing connection to Lands, Waters and Communities of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples. Sovereignty has never been ceded. It always was and always will be, Aboriginal land.